Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Stuffed Carrot Cake Cookies - First Attempt at Making them Chewy

Cinnamon Almonds vs. Candied Pecans...candied pecans fo sho! My first attempt at our newest stuffed cookie taste wise turned out fabulous! However consistency and texture wise it fell a little short. I've never been a fan of cakey cookies. I just personally like my cookies dense and chewy so I always try to make my cookies in the same way I like them.  In this recipe I used grated carrots, which leave a lot of the water found in the carrots in the cookie batter.  I actually think I am going to juice the carrots first before putting them into the cookie batter.  I am thinking it will have less moisture and therefore bake a little less cakey.  I also think I am going to increase the amount of coconut to make up for the loss in moisture from the carrots.  I will let you know how it goes.



I will also testing which one I liked better...cinnamon almonds or candied pecan and the candied pecans came out so much better.  I ended up cutting them up and putting them on top of the cookies before baking them.  They stayed crunchy which I was very happy with and gave the top a nice crispy crunch in each bite! Delish! Now I just need to work on the texture.....keep you posted ;)

No comments: